Re: Any suggestions?

From: Peter V. Swendsen (swendsen@virginia.edu)
Date: 01/09/03

The following message was posted to: dance-tech

Hi Kent and everyone else,

I have managed to get acceptable results in such situations by
running long RCA cables. I wasn't convinced it would work until I
tried it, but I have run at least 50-100 feet without terrible signal
loss--certainly a clean enough signal for basic motion tracking. If
signal loss does occur, you could always get a simple signal
amplifier from radio shack (many of these will also split the signal,
which can be useful). Of course, then you need an RCA input to the
laptop. The iRez PCMCIA cards (if you can still find them) have the
advantage of not slowing down the system like USB and firewire tend
to do.

Best,

Peter