THE PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGIES NETWORK MEETING (forwarding)

From: Mirna Zagar (mirna@vkool.com)
Date: 01/22/03

The following message was posted to: dance-tech

Performance Technologies Network/PTN

Hello Everyone,
It's been a while since the PTN (PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGIES NETWORK) last met.
We now have some exciting news and plans to share and wish to invite you to
the next meeting .
When: Friday,  January 30, 2003
Time: 5:15 pm - 7:15 pm
Location: Vancouver Dance Centre

Topics: A presentation New Technologies for Dance  leading to:
a)  Discussions on access and development,
b) How can the community use the technologies
c) What is it about?
d) Potential future programs, projects, residencies....
What is PTN?
Launched in February 2002 at The Dance Centre PTN is an informal network of:
dancers, performers, videographers, theatre practitioners, composers and
installation artists working in the hybrid area where live bodies meet
digital media, or anyone interested in applying technologies to their
practice. We invite all those interested to explore the subject to attend
this session and to join in the  local and international network for
performance technologies.

Digital technologies transform our experience of embodiment and challenge
our conventional notions of what constitutes dance and theatre. New
technologies are new performance tools.

The Dance Centre in Vancouver has a proposal to equip the Scotiabank Dance
Centre. The proposal was submitted for consideration to the Capital Spaces
Program at Heritage Canada. The proposal includes a lot of exciting new
technologies. From the traditional equipment for the studios, to video and
sound production, to new fanged things for interactive performance -  there
is something for everyone.

At this next meeting you will be hear more about this exciting future
development, and we would love to hear of how you may want to be involved.
This will also be an opportunity to learn what the technology is and how it
opens up new opportunities for the community. This is also an opportunity
where you can take an active role in assisting us with our efforts to equip
the building to meet not only the cutting edge developmentsCome to the next
PTN meeting to find out what it is all about and how you can be involved!
Learn about what the technology is and how it opens up opportunities for the
community. Learn how to help us get this funding!!!
PLEASE RSVP by Friday, January 30th, noon (email: mirna@vkool.com or
dancentre@vkool.com; or phone: 604 606 6400).

Cheers,
Robb Lovell