Re: SEVEN VEILS premiers in Philadelphia May 15&16

From: jamie jewett (jewett18@yahoo.com)
Date: 05/13/03

The following message was posted to: dance-tech

Dear Merilyn,

I wonder where you are located.  I did try to find
local PA press who might come to this and even fedexed
CD-ROMs to half a dozen people trying to drum up some
interest.  We would love to have you come and to have
contact information for future events.  It didn't
occur to me that there were members of the press on
this list serve.

best
jamie jewett
www.lostwax.org

http://slought.org/toc/calendar/display.php?key=dimensional

http://slought.org/files/downloads/events/SF_2003[sevenveils].pdf

http://slought.org/toc/archives/display4.php?id=10214
> [...]
>  >  Jamie Jewett holds a BA in Movement and Buddhist
>  >  Studies from Naropa University and an MFA in
>  Dance and
>  >  Technology from the Ohio State University. His
>  dance
>  >  background includes intensive study of Butoh, and
>  he
>  >  has performed at the Joyce Theatre as a company
>  member
>  >  of Popo and The Go Go Boys, as well as works by
>  Bebe
>  >  Miller, David Rousseve and others. A certified
>  teacher
>  >  of the Shambhala Dharma Arts, JewettĖs work is
>  deeply
>  >  influenced by Eastern philosophy of composition.
>  In
>  >  2000, Jewett was awarded a grant from USINDO (the
>  US
>  >  Indonesian Foundation) to apprentice with
>  Suprapto
>  >  Suryodarmo, a contemporary Indonesian Master of
>  dance,
>  >  ritual performance and installation art. Through
>  this
>  >  relationship, Jewett has taught and performed at
>  >  variety of festivals in Java, Bali, New York and
>  >  Boulder. Jewett's critically acclaimed intermedia
>  >  dance, "Snowblind", was commissioned by
>  University of
>  >  Michigan's IMMEDIA festival in 2002 and his
>  >  dance-film, "Auslander", was selected as part of
>  >  Lincoln Center's Dance on Camera festival and the
>  >  Wexner Center's Ohio Film and Video Festival.
>  >
>  >  Alexander deVaron holds degrees from Connecticut
>  >  Wesleyan University and Indiana University, where
>  his
>  >  teachers included Alvin Lucier, Richard Winslow,
>  >  Eugene Brien, and David Dzubay. His works have
>  been
>  >  performed In Canada, Europe and throughout the
>  United
>  >  States. He is the 2003 winner of the Network For
>  New
>  >  Music Poetry Project competition, and his music
>  has
>  >  been featured by such ensembles as the Tufts New
>  Music
>  >  Ensemble, the Seattle New Music Ensemble and the
>  New
>  >  England Conservatory Cammerata. Over the last
>  twenty
>  >  years, Mr. deVaron has combined his study of
>  music
>  >  with the study of Buddhism and meditation. Over
>  the
>  >  course of these years, he has worked closely with
>  the
>  >  composer Peter Lieberson to explore the meeting
>  place
>  >  of these two traditions. Currently he is pursuing
>  >  doctoral degree at Temple University, where he
>  studies
>  >  with Maurice Wright and Richard Brodhead.

=== message truncated ===