Re: MA in dance and film/video

From: Johannes Birringer (orpheus@rice.edu)
Date: 07/16/03

The following message was posted to: dance-tech

Hello Jelena,

<,can anybody recommend good web sources where I could find information
on MA’s in the field of dance and film/video?

actually, an interesting request, I somehow never made the effort to
compile a listing where in the world there are dance/media/technology
programs or programs with an interest in videodanse. I would expect,
after videodanse and film dance became more widely popular in the 80s
(with festivals such DanceScreen and others in the UK, Canada, New York,
L.A.), that such M.A.s/M.F.A.s must exist more freqently now.
We recently discussed, here, the publication of new books, and I'd
recommend that you contact Judy Mitoma at UCLA (Envisioning Dance on
Film and Video, by Mitoma, Judy (editor) & Elizabeth (editor) Zimmer,
Dale Ann (editor) Stieber...... I am sure Judy will know most any
program associated with film and dance.

with regards
Johannes Birringer
Interaktionslabor Göttelborn