Re: ADV: Interactive Dance CD-ROM

From: Sarah Rubidge (sarah@theatr.demon.co.uk)
Date: 07/23/03

The following message was posted to: dance-tech

Hi Merilyn

I may be wrong, but I _think_ you will find that "Waterfall" is
predominantly Richard Lord's "work" ...he has been conceiving and
realising webdances and CDRoms for almost ten years now, doing the
proramming as well as much (if not all on some projects) of the
choreography  ... and with little recognition. I think his, very
central, role should be properly acknowledged in this project.

Waterfall is built like one of the very early  shoot'-em-down
computer games (can't remember the names) , an interesting
conceit...but very strange to use, as you are shooting down 'live'
dancers as they dance in order to go on the the next level.

re other CDRoms I am sure you know about Windowsninetyeight by Igloo
...also avalable from their website www.igloo.org.uk.

You are right an article on 'dance' CDRoms which are pieces in their
own right, rather than pedagocic CDs (e.g.Forsythe's " Improvisation".

sarah